The Family Healing Place serves families of patients hospitalized for an extended period of time in Sparks Regional Medical Center. The Family Healing Place also provides comfort to patients who normally would travel hours for daily radiation or chemotherapy treatments, and is a respite for new mothers who cannot take their bundle of joy home right away. Our goal is to help lessen the burden and expense of travel and ensure patients and their families are able to be where they need to be, when they need to be there.
The Family Healing Place is open 365 days a year. It serves as a home away from home to those in a time of need. The facility’s comforts of home include:
- Eight fully furnished guest rooms with televisions. There is one handicap accessible room that is available on an as-needed basis.
- A community kitchen where guests can prepare their own food
- A community laundry room for those who would like to launder their own clothing during their stay. (Patient laundry not allowed for health reasons.)
- We offer a cup of comfort with our well-stocked coffee bar
- A small community dining area for those who do not wish to eat in the hospital cafeteria or go out on the town
- A family style day room
- Shower facilities that are accessible 24-hours per day
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Bed and bath linens
- On site Prayer Support by hospital chaplain
- Daily access to the Marvin Altman Fitness Center