House Rules & General Information
The restful comfort of our guests is of the utmost importance. Rules established are for the safety and comfort of all our guests.
We reserve the right to refuse service, or request leave of a guest if rules are violated.
- The presence and/or use of any tobacco on the grounds, or within 500 feet of The Family Healing Place, or possession and/or use of any illegal drugs, firearms or alcohol is Strictly Prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed in The Family Healing Place with the exception of service animals for those with disabilities.
- The Family Healing Place is not able to accept patients after discharge. At the time that the family member is released from the hospital, the room should be opened for another family in need of the facility.
- All guests must be referred for lodging by a hospital/healthcare facility staff member.
- After referral, a Guest Registration Form will be provided to the guest at check in and must be completed and initialed agreeing to the house rules.
- A copy of a Government-issue I.D. for all adults staying at the house must be attached to the registration.
- Guests are responsible for stripping their bed, putting their dirty sheets, blankets and towels in a laundry bag and leave in their room. Return the room key to the office upon check out.
Length of Stay:
- A guest room is available to a family member for five days, and is reviewed on a weekly basis.
Cleaning & Upkeep:
- Guests are responsible for keeping their guest rooms clean during their stay. This includes changing out sheets, exchanging dirty towels, taking out trash, etc. Clean blankets, sheets, and towels are always available, as well as cleaning supplies. The Family Healing Place depends on the service of volunteers. We consider our guests our family and a part of our home while staying with us. We ask that our families clean up after themselves when using the common areas of the facility and help us keep The Family Healing Place beautiful.
- Guest laundry facilities are available for use.
- The guest laundry is available for families ONLY – for health reasons. Washing the clothes of the hospital patients is not allowed.
Kitchen & Food Service:
- A fully equipped kitchen is available for guests to use.
- For the safety and security of the guests and other personnel, The Family Healing Place is under security surveillance and electronically locked 24 hours a day.
Cost to Stay
The Family Healing Place is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that is made possible through the generosity of community supporters, the foundation, businesses, and guests.
It is important that all families have the ability to access a place to stay in time of medical crisis. Your tax-exempt contribution allows The Family Healing Place to provide future families hope, inspiration, and comfort in times of personal adversity and difficulty.
Who can stay?
- The Family Healing Place is available to relatives needing to be close to a loved one in the hospital.
- It is also available to patients who live too far away to drive to their treatments on a daily basis for an extended period of time.
- Those family members staying with us must be medically stable to care for themselves.
- Rooms are limited to one room per patient family.
How may I arrange a stay?
- Guest must:
- Be referred by the hospital social worker, case manager, nurse, physician, or hospital chaplain.
- Live 40 miles away.
- Undergo a background check prior to approval.
- Be actively caring for the loved one in the hospital, or be receiving daily therapy, but are not hospitalized.
- Hospital staff may call 479-441-5260 to check availability.
- We operate from a waiting list on a first come, first serve basis.
- You will be notified by a staff member or volunteer when a room becomes available.
- You can also call to learn about local rates secured with partnering hotels when The Family Healing Place is full.